May 5, 2010

DHML, Firefox Strangeness

Posted in Uncategorized tagged , , , , , , at 6:30 pm by tetontech

Among other things that I’ve been working on for the QuickConnectFamily 1.6 beta I have been creating the new QuickConnectFamily web site.  The site, as it is designed now, accumulates information from this blog, the wiki, and the Google group.

One of the items I wanted to accumulate dynamically is the roadmap for each of the supported platforms.  I wanted to do this in such a way that when a change to the roadmap was made in the wiki that it would automatically be seen in the new web site.

To do this I decided to apply DHTML techniques as I have in the past.  So what I did was to make an AJAX call to the Web App Server running on the site host.  The PHP code there made a call to the wiki page and returned the code for the page to the browser.  The browser then created a temporary div and inserted the HTML string it got back.

I have done this before with no issues but this time the link tags in the head became active.  This caused my pages CSS to be modified when run inside of Firefox.  The solution was to remove the link nodes.  Then all was displayed as it should be.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: