January 26, 2010
QuickConnectFamily 1.6 beta 11 Now Available!
We are getting closer to build once and launch all all platforms! The Android template is much more functional now and prepares the way.
This beta 11 of QCFamily 1.6 has some important features
- Enterprise Sync supports synchronization with all remote databases.
- Stabilization of the iPhone enterprise synchronization for native and in-browser databases
- Enterprise synchronization is now available for Android devices. Unfortunately Google is not supporting in-browser HTML 5 databases at this time. This means that if you want to use this feature you will need to use a native database (include a .sqlite file)
- Google doesn’t support the XMLHttpRequest object in their WebView class. Therefore I have written a simple replacement. It is not fully featured but works in support of the Enterprise data sync ability.
- The QC Android template now includes the ability to build and run on a connected Android device in addition to the build for release and build for simulator functionality it already had.
Target features for the next beta:
- iPhone in-app purchase
- Enterprise data sync for Palm WebOS
- First Blackberry template
- Enterprise data sync for Blackberry
- One click build and run on all platforms