July 31, 2009
After many setbacks, like a very major hard drive crash and a bug in sourceForge, I have finally been able to release QC 1.5 Release Candidate 1. It is now the default download for the project on sourceForge.
- start transaction
- and rollback
- A fix to the native footers disappearing when the orientation changed
- Synced the Dashcode project with the latest code and fixed the run error caused by the rotating image
- A fix that correctly handles all types of URLs such as mailTo, http, https, maps, youtube, etc.
- A total of 32 QCiPhone examples
- not all of the examples have been updated to the latest code set. That will be completed for the final release. If you are willing to volunteer to help with updating the examples please contact me.
July 2, 2009
Since hybrid applications using the UIWebView are not recognized by the Adobe Flash plugin installer it appears that you cannot embed flash in a page displayed in a UIWebView and expect it to play swf files.
It is also true that the plugin has a defect. If you launch the default browser, be it Safari or Firefox, from within your application to display play a swf file the plugin crashes both browsers. If the browser is already open and running then the browser will open a window and you can play the swf.
I am including this ability in a future release of QuickConnectMac and QuickConnectWin but my opinion is don’t waste your time. Produce the movies as mp4s and you’ll have a much better user experience.
July 1, 2009
It covers using QuickConnectiPhone and PhoneGap to create applications for the iPhone.
Hopefully it will be helpful.